Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Good" and "Bad"

There's a lot going on in my life right now much of which I would label "bad" and a little of which I would label "good". But good and bad only exist in my head. If I were to walk in the forest looking for a "bad" tree I probably wouldn't find one.

My mind right now is trying to hold on to this stuff in my life so it can call it bad and keep calling it bad until my head gets to be such a mush.

I'm trying to get my heart to hold on to it, 1) to avoid the name calling, and 2) to let go of it. I'm tired of fighting so I want to surrender; to let go. Instead of listening to a chorus of bad, bad, bad I want to hear a chorus of silence. When the battle ends there is silence. For me, that chorus of silence holds hope. I can't get through this stuff on my own so I look to peace, hope and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment